Aadhaar card correction – online procedure is well explained from step by step so that you can know how to make changes to your Aadhaar card online in 2018. It can also be corrected offline.
In case if you have any doubts do leave a comment here at the end of the post we do help you out.
Below we cover the list of documents that required aadhar card correction either via online.
All the procedures needed to correct your Aadhar card are been explained in here, so follow the article thoroughly. All the methods are been listed in below.
- Online Procedure
- Offline procedure
Basically there are two producers which were listed. You can make corrections either through online or offline. It’s all up to you.
Aadhaar Correction – Online
In here, online method of Aadhar card correction has been well explained. Follow the step-by-step procedure we provided in here so that you can also do the changes from online itself.
All the details of the procedure are been shared from the official website of the UIDAI so that you can do all the procedure yourself from the Self Service Update Portal.
Note: Your mobile number must be linked with Aadhar card in order to make necessary correction changes online on self service update portal.
The following can be changed or corrected using the online procedure as they are provided by the UIDAI itself.
- Date of Birth
- Email ID and
- Mobile Number
These are only the online UIDAI correction services provided by the UIDAI through the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).
But before getting into the procedure you need to make sure that your Mobile Number should be linked to UIDAI. If not then you have to go through the offline procedure to make Aadhar card changes.
- Go to the official UIDAI website – https://uidai.gov.in/
- Go to the Aadhaar online Services section on the homepage.
- Click on the Aadhar Update Request Online.
- You will be redirected to a login page as shown in the image below.
- in that page, you are needed to log in to your Aadhaar.
- Enter your Aadhaar Number and click on “Send OTP”.
An OTP is sent to your mobile number which is linked with the Aadhaar. If you are currently using that mobile number then you are requested to go through the offline procedure.
If there is a Spelling error in you Aadhaar then you can change the Name by going through the step-by-step process which is been explained below.
Go through the login procedure which is explained above as it is same for all the Data Correction procedures which can be done online.
- Enter the OTP in the column and enter your Aadhaar portal.
- Enter your Name in the space provided.
- Then at the next step, you are needed to upload Supporting proof documents.
- Documents regarding the PoI are required.
- Then Submit the application online.
After submitting the application you will be receiving a URN number which can be used to track the status of your Application. Make sure that you are submitting fake proof of Identity Documents.
Change in Date of Birth (DOB):
If you are needed to change your Date of Birth in your Aadhar card online then follow the below steps. But you need to have supporting documents before starting the procedure.
- Visit the Official UIDAI SSUP portal.
- Click on “Aadhaar update request”.
- Login to your Aadhaar as explained in above.
- Enter your Date of Birth in the specific column provided.
- Upload the supporting documents to the next step.
- Then submit the application online.
After submitting the application you will be given URN number to track the status of your application.
Change In Address:
If you are needed to do address correction in your Aadhar card then you must follow the below steps to change the Address through the online procedure.
- Login to your Aadhaar as per above procedure.
- Enter your new Address in the text column.
- Click on next and upload the Proof documents.
- Submit the application.
Also, download the Update Request number to track the Status of your Application.
Your new Aadhar card will be delivered to new update address. So you need to make sure that you have entered the current working address in the application.
Change In other details in Aadhar:
For all the other details like Email ID, Mobile Number you need to follow the below step-to-step guide so that you can do it yourselves online.
- Login to your Aadhaar.
- Enter the details you are needed to change in their particular columns.
- Submit the Application.
If you are not interested to go through the online procedure, then go through the Offline procedure which has been shared below.
Offline Method To Correct Aadhar Details
The procedure is quite easy but it is required to pay a visit to your nearest Aadhar Enrollment center. Follow the below steps to change your details of Aadhar in Aadhar enrollment Centre.
- Go to Aadhaar Enrollment Service Center.
- Take a Date Correction form.
- Fill in all the details you are needed to change.
- Attach supporting documents to your Application form.
- Submit it to the Aadhaar enrollment centre.
After submitting the application you will be given an acknowledgement number which can be used to track your application number.
Scanned copy of the Original Proof documents is needed to be attached to the application. If it is a fake document, then your application will get rejected.
This is how you supposed to correct your Aadhaar card details via offline and Online.